June 05 meeting minutes
June 29, 2005
Krys Davidson & daughter
The Phillips family (Mr. Mrs. & Joel)
Harold and Donna Kellams
1) Porta-Potty: Arrange to have it picked up since we will not need one
until the September launch. We will plan on purchasing a unit at the
beginning of next years flying season. (That will give the supplier
approx 9 months to locate one that is nice, [but not "too" nice] for us,
at a reduced cost).
2) Discussed the recent Wheat-Chex launch, the article in the Spokesman
Review, and our unfriendly neighbor, Janice.
3) Raffles: It was decided to continue the raffles, although not on the
scale of what we put together for the Nike project. One or two items to
be raffled per launch, using either donated or club purchased items.
Rocket kits, Motors, and even "non" rocketry related items (such as
chocolate) was mentioned as possible items.
4) GSE/Trailer Maintenance Event: We bantered around the idea of holding
a maintenance party in August. It seems to make sense to hold it the
2nd (or 3rd) Saturday of the month since we will not be launching due to
fire danger. Items mentioned that are in need of repair: Low Power
Pads, (Clips, Swivels, Rods), General Trailer Maintenance (including
resealing the roof).
5) LDRS: What's it all about, whose is going and when, how to get there.
Basically for the benefit of the Phillips family, who showed interest in
making the trip. Please remember that I am trying to keep a spreadsheet
listing all of the SPARC members going and the timeframe they will be
on-site at LDRS. If you plan on going and have not supplied me with
that information, please take the time to do so.
6) Nike Herc: Looks like we will have the funding for 5 K motors at
LDRS. Repair work needed to be done includes the re-attachment of the
two booster fins, and finding a suitable chute for the booster. The
plan is to prep the rocket on Thursday/Friday at LDRS, and have it ready
to go Saturday morning. Following the successful flight in Canada at LDRS, the Nike will be displayed at HobbyTown.
7) Treasury report was given...can't remember the figures. Red wrist
bands arrived and were given to Krys.
Posted by ray at June 29, 2005 4:41 PM
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)